Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Found Some Kinda Fairytale

Well today is it! It's "day-before-the-first-day-of-school eve." Today was spent shoe shopping (success!) and organizing. I wouldn't call myself the most organized person (no one would, actually) but I do enjoy being organized and I know how much stress it can take off your day-to-day living. I always like to get the week off to the right start because it makes such a difference. I actually enjoy Monday's most of the time because it sets the tone for the week. A few things I did that hopefully get they week (and school year) off to the right start:

  • Ironing: I'm a big fan of unwrinkled clothes :) By ironing on Sunday night, I know what I'm going to wear for the week and it takes away one more thing I need to do either right before bed or in the morning. 
  • Laundry: I had two loads of laundry that needed to be folded and put away. Every time I come upstairs it was staring me in the face. Now that it's out of my way, it takes the stress out of just looking at it and having it pile up more!
  • Lunches: I made lunches for Jonathan and I tonight. Saves a step in the morning and takes away an excuse to eat crappy at lunchtime. Fortunately it's pretty difficult in our profession to go out for lunch!
  • Exercise: I've been in a little funk with my transition into full time work again. Thus, we've been doing a lot of eating out and a lot of relaxing (read: not working out). I found Body by Bethenny (I love her) and I really liked her workout DVD. It's yoga plus weights (separate) and the yoga was challenging for me, yet doable. The weights target exactly what I want to target (arms) and I KNOW I'm going to feel it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to doing this DVD regularly. 
  • Quick Clean: You don't need to do a deep clean, but just de-cluttering and cleaning up will clear your mind! 
All these things will make it easier to come home and unwind, make dinner, and of course, do my exercise DVD :)

Tomorrow will be a pretty low-key day for me. Apparently I will be helping kids in the morning as far as finding where they need to go (I don't know if I'll be much of a help, I'm still lost in that building!) and then organizing the book room. The rest of the week will be training and getting ready for testing! 

How do you prepare for the week ahead? Have a super week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment