Sunday, August 1, 2010

Up the Stairs at Weatherford

Happy Sunday! I'm enjoying today since it's not actually feeling like a Sunday. I usually don't feel like I accomplish a lot on Sunday except waiting for Monday to roll around. I helped Jonathan in his classroom today and we ran some errands and had lunch out. The weather today is absolutely gorgeous though. Cloudy and on and off sprinkles. Love it!

Tomorrow is the big day: J begins the year with kids and I go back for "new" teacher stuff. I'm excited and nervous and all those feelings you get when you start a new job. We had a short orientation for paperwork and I was pleasantly surprised with the organization. Hopefully a step up from my last district!

It's also getting closer to that first paycheck. When you've gone almost a year and a half as a one income family, this day cannot come soon enough! We're thinking about each taking $500 out of our paychecks ($2000 total per month between the two of us) and then just using that towards mortgage and bills. Whatever is left over we can just roll into the next month. That sounds doable right now so I hope it works out! Does anyone have any budgeting tricks that work for them?

The kitties have a vet appointment Tuesday and I work at the restaurant a few days this week (almost the end!) and then we're heading up to Flagstaff! Not something we can really afford at this point but with Jonathan's love of the Cards and my love of the Flag, it's something we're looking forward to and we think is worth it :) We're probably only staying one night so it shouldn't be too bad!

Our book club met this week (what an interesting evening that was) and we decided as our next book to be the popular The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. We reallllllly all enjoyed The Help and I highly recommend it. It was written so wonderfully and you immediately fall in love with the characters.

I'm going to get the house ready for the week. Nothing worse than starting the week with a messy house!  Back to reality tomorrow!!

1 comment: